Marriage License Requirements:
- A Marriage License must be purchased prior to your ceremony.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Both applicants must be present.
- Valid identification (i.e., driver's license, passport, Military identification etc.) must be presented to verify age and identity.
- Both applicants will need to know their parents' full names, including mothers' maiden names.
- Applicants will need the state or country where their parents were born.
- If either applicant has been previously married, they will need the date the marriage ended.
- Fee is $92.00 for a regular and $102.00 for a confidential license, payable by cash, credit card, check or money order.
- No blood tests are required.
- No waiting period; the license may be used upon issuance.
- License is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance.
- Marriage ceremonies may be performed anywhere in the State of California.
Fill out your application online, then appear at the Clerk-Recorders Office within 10 working days, at 155 Nelson Ave., Oroville, with valid ID. You will receive your license at that time.
Marriage licenses can be obtained at the County Clerk-Recorder's Office located at the Hall of Records,
155 Nelson Ave., Oroville, CA 95965. Licenses are issued between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday (legal holidays excluded).
Downloadable Applications and Documents: