The Butte County Elections Office is an Authorized Passport Acceptance Facility, we will:
- Review the application to verify that all required information has been provided.
- Verify that the photographs are true likeness of the applicant.
- Screen evidence of United States citizenship.
- Verify and record the identification that applicant presents.
- Witness that the applicant takes the oath and signs the application.
- Completed applications are submitted to the United States Passport Agency
For more information 24/7 contact the National Passport Information Center:
From US & Canada 1-877-487-2778
From US & Canada 1-888-874-7793 (TTY/TTD)