The Butte County Elections Office is a Passport Acceptance Agent. Our role as an Acceptance Agent is to accept the executed passport application and ensure that all materials needed to process the application are correctly submitted and attached.
As a Passport Acceptance Agent, we will:
- Review the application to verify that all required information has been provided.
- Verify that the photographs are true likeness of the applicant.
- Screen evidence of United States citizenship.
- Verify and record the identification that applicant presents.
- Witness that the applicant takes the oath and signs the application.
- Ensure that all documents are handled and stored securely and that the applicant's personally identifiable information is protected.
- Process and mail application and fee to the Regional Passport Services Agency.