Marriage License Requirements:
- A Marriage License must be purchased prior to your ceremony.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Both applicants must be present.
- Valid identification (i.e., driver's license, passport, Military identification etc.) must be presented to verify age and identity.
- Both applicants will need to know their parents' full names, including mothers' maiden names.
- Applicants will need the state or country where their parents were born.
- If either applicant has been previously married, they will need the date the marriage ended.
- Fee is $84.00 for a regular and $91.00 for a confidential license, payable by cash, credit card, check or money order.
- No blood tests are required.
- No waiting period; the license may be used upon issuance.
- License is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance.
- Marriage ceremonies may be performed anywhere in the State of California.
Marriage licenses can be obtained at the County Clerk-Recorder's Office located at the County Administration Building,
25 County Center Drive, Suite 105, Oroville, CA 95965-3375. Licenses are issued between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday (legal holidays excluded).
Applications and Documents: